- Internet Explorer 9
- Internet Explorer 8
- Internet Explorer 7
- Firefox 4.0 / 5.0 / 6.0 +
- Firefox 3.5 / 3.6
- Google Chrome
- Safari for Mac
- Safari for Windows
Internet Explorer 9
- Once your browser is open, click the gear at the top right to open the settings menu.
- Select Safety and Delete Browsing History (optionally you may simply press Ctrl-Shift-Delete to open the Delete Browsing History window)
- Choose what to delete: Select Temporary Internet Files.
- You will also need to uncheck all the other boxes, especially Preserve Favorites website data. This option makes the window also delete objects from websites in your Favorites folder, which is necessary to completely clear your cache.
- Click the Delete button near the bottom of the window to perform the operations (i.e. clear your cache by deleting temporary files).
Internet Explorer 8
- Once your browser is open, click the Tools menu (optionally you may simply press Ctrl-Shift-Delete to open the Delete Browsing History window and skip step 2)
- Click on Delete Browsing History and select Temporary Internet Files.
- Click the Delete button near the bottom of the window to delete your temporary files (i.e. clear your cache).
- If you want the browser to automatically clear the cache whenever you close it, click the Advanced tab. Click to check the box next to the Empty Temporary Internet Files folder when browser is closed option (in the section labeled Security). Click OK. This will delete everything except cookies.
Internet Explorer 7
- Open IE 7 and click the Tools menu. Click the Delete Browsing History link at the top.
- Under the Temporary Internet Files heading, click Delete files and click Yes when you see the prompt asking if you are sure you want to delete all temporary files.
Firefox 4.0 / 5.0 / 6.0 +
- Click the Firefox menu in the top left corner. Next, select the right arrow next to History >, and click Clear Recent History (or click on Tools then Clear Recent History if you don't have the FireFox Menu).
- Make sure 'Details' is expanded, then select Cache from the list. Uncheck everything else.
- In the Time Range to Clear: drop down, select Everything.
- Select Clear Now.
Firefox 3.5 / 3.6
- Click the Tools menu, then select Clear Recent History. Note: If you don't see the Tools menu, hold down the Alt key then press the T key to access Tools.
- Choose the time range of cache you'd like to clear.
- Click on Details and make sure Cache is checked and select „Clear Now“.
- Once your browser is open, select the Wrench icon (the settings menu, located in the upper-right corner) then, Tools, and Clear Browsing Data.
- Select the Empty the cache check-box. Uncheck everything else to avoid deleting data unintentionally.
- In the Obliterate the following items from: dropdown menu, select the beginning of time.
- Click the Clear Browsing Data button.
Safari for Mac OS X
- Once your browser is open, click the Safari menu and select Empty Cache and click „Empty“.
Safari for Windows
- Once your browser is open, click the Edit menu and select Empty Cache and click „Empty“.
- Once your browser is open, select the tools menu and click delete private data.
- Click the details button.
- If you do not wish to delete cookies, saved passwords, etc., remove checks from them in the list.
- Press delete.