SITEFORUM System Emails get send automatically with information about e.g. portal status, news, new forum messages, etc. These emails can be subscribed by users with corresponding rights.
You can modify layout and content of the system emails individually. With the help of a WYSIWYG editor you can format the emails easily. Every email contains defined placeholders which you can use to personalize your emails.
Note: To edit system emails you need the roles "Content Manager" or "Portal Master."
1. OverviewPlease log in to your portal.
- Click the button Portal Manager to get to the administrative area.
- Then click Tools & Administration > System Emails.
Warning:System emails from the following areas are delivered with each portal:
- Please note that these settings are valid for the selected language only. If you want to edit the mails in another language, please change the language settings below the input window.
- Use HTML links like <a href="$link">link name</a> only in the sourcecode view.
- Only placeholders marked with a * can be used in the subject of a email.
- Content Management
- Own System Emails
- Login & Password
Note: You can assign own system emails currently only in the area Network & Community > Memberships, e.g. to send an email because a membership is expiring. If you need a system email for an action which is not delivered by default then please contact us.
- Click the tab Add.
- Enter in the area Details in the field Name a name for the system email.
- Enter in the field Sender the sender of the mail.
- Enter in the field Subject a subject.
- Enter in the field Content the desired text of the system email. Use the WYSIWYG editor to format the mail.
- Click the button Save when ready.
- Choose in the Overview the email you want to edit.
- Click the icon Edit.
- Edit all fields and the content of the email as desired.
- Click the button Save when ready.
Note: You can only delete own system emails. System emails which are provided by the system cannot be deleted.
- Choose in the Overview the email you want to delete.
- Click the icon Delete.
- Confirm the erasing procedure by clicking the button OK.
Note: Standard emails which you edited and changed are goinng to be reset to the original status.
- In the navigation on the left below Emails click Reset.
- Enter in the field Email Address the email address which should be used as a sender for all emails.
3. TemplateIf you want to modify the system emails layout, you should edit the system emails template, using a HTML editor.
Click on Edit and modify the code. You may add header and footer information, as well as include some images. Such modification is possible for each language: you may switch it below the content area.
The system email content itself can be added via the placeholder $sysmail_body.
- In the navigation on the left below Emails click Statistic.
- Select in the area Start Date from the selection boxes the begin of the emails.
- Select in the area Expiration Date from the selection boxes the end of the emails.
- If required constrict in the area Details the selection furthermore.
- Click the button Search to display the results.
- Subject Shows the subject of the email.
- Recipient (Email) Shows the recipient and his/her email address.
- Sender (Email) Shows the sender and his/her email address.
- Delivery Date Shows the delivery date and the status (colored circle) of the email; green = sent, red = not sent. If you role over the red circle with the mouse, the reason is shown, why the email wasn't sent.
- View By clicking the icon you can view the email.
5. PlaceholdersYou may use different placeholders in system emails. Please note, that each system email contains its own list of available placeholders, mentioned below the content area.
Here is a full list of existing placeholders for system emails, provided with a short description:
|$portalLink||Link to the portal|
|$storyName||Name of the story|
|$story||Content of the story|
|from||Sender Email Address|
|$bill_firstname||First name of billing address|
|$bill_lastname||Last name of billing address|
|$linkToMessageValidation||Link to verify messages|
|$eventName||Name of event|
|$firstNameFrom||First name of composer|
|$lastNameFrom||Last name of composer|
|$firstNameTo||First name of recipient|
|$lastNameTo||Last name of recipient|
|$startTime||Start of event|
|$endTime||End of event|
|$repeatEvents||All repetitions of the event|
|$eventDetails||Details of event|