How can I add a "Thank you" for a form, which gets displayed after submitting the form?
When adding a new form (Marketing & CRM > Forms > Add) or when editing an existing form (Marketing & CRM > Forms > Edit) there is an area Form submission message. Please enter the text, which should be shown when submitting the form, in this field.
How can I add opportunities to a company?
First you have to select the desired company. The navigation on the left expands as soon as you clicked the name of the company. Now click Opportunities below the company's name and afterwards the tab Add.
Can I evaluate polls accurately by user?
No, polls are evaluated by percentage. An evaluation by user does not happen.
Why can't I test a campaign for external recipients?
A campaign, which contains content only for external recipients, can only be tested with an email address which is not in the data base (not a user in the portal) and therewith an external address.
Equally campaings, which contain content only for internal recipients, can only be tested with an email address which is part of the data base (user in the portal) and therewith an internal address.
What's the difference between internal and external recipients in a campaign?
Internal recipients are users who do have a portal login, who are known by name and who are registered.
External recipients: are people not known by name and not registered in the portal. You just have their email address to which you send the campaign.
How can I send a new campaign to the same recipients from the last campaign?
You have two possibilites to send a new camapaign to the same recipients from the last campaing:
- Adapt the last campaign to the new one (e.g. when it is a newsletter) and send it to the recipients.
- Use the functionalitySyncronize Recipients, to add the recipients of the last campaign (Source campaign) to the new campaign (Target campaign).
What's the difference between Template based HTML content and HTML bassed content?
You can fill your campaign with HTML content in different ways:
- Template based HTML content: Use Campaign Main Templates and Campaign Content Templates to separate the design of your campaign from the actual content (Texts, Images, Links, etc.). You can use the templates for any campaign.
- HTML based HTML content: Program the campaign yourself completey in HTML. A creative and textual separation is not possible then.
How can I add a new opportunity?
- Select the company to which you want to add an opportunity under Marketing & CRM > Companies.
- In the navigation on the left click Opportunities.
- Click the tab Add.
Why is it not possible to select a contact person when adding an opportunity?
The contact person, which should be selected, has to exist as a user in the portal and has to be connected with the company. You can find he corresponding function in the details of the copmpany, in the area „User“.
Why is it not possible to select a status or next step when adding an opportunity?
The field Status and Next Step have to be defined first. Enter the desired options under Marketing & CRM > Companies > Opportunity Settings.
Why do I create a Google sitemap?
That the most popular search engine "Google" gets informed about new content, you can submit *.xml-files in Google as dynamic up-to-date table of contents so-called "Sitemaps". Further options for optimization you can find under "https://www.google.com/webmasters/sitemaps/".
How do I submit a XML sitemap?
When submitting a XML sitemap in Google the first time, the xml sitemap has to be submitted through adding it to your Google account "Google Webmaster Tools". It is not important if the sitemap was created manually or with the XML-Sitemap-Generator. Only with that procedure Google can provide useful information concerning status and statistic. Please log in under the link: "https://www.google.com/webmasters/sitemaps/"
Where can I insert Metadata?
There are several spots to enter metadata:
- Marketing & CRM > SEO 360 > Metadata > Main Settings - which is the most important spot.
- Marketing & CRM > SEO 360 > Metadata > CMS Metadata - which is for stories in generel.
- Website & CMS > Stories > Edit Story (select menu) > Overview Actions/CMS Metadata - where you can enter individual settings for each story.
- Marketing & CRM > SEO 360 > SEO Files, "index.html" - is the first page of your portal.
- Marketing & CRM > SEO 360 > Shortcuts in every single shortcut.
Where do I enter the "Google™ Analytics Code"?
There is a new GA code (September 2010); http://www.google.com/support/analytics/bin/answer.py?answer=174090
The code needs to be entered in the source code of the page. The best way to integrate the new GA code is to use a Design Attribute in the Design Module "htmlHead" or to include it directly in the "htmlHead" , either way before </head>. (Formerly the code was placed at the end of the page).
Where do I insert the varify-v1 from Google?
This key you got from Google, is supposed to be in the index.html between the <head></head> tags:
<meta name="verify-v1" content="...key...">
Note: We recommend the method "Upload HTML file", which is much easier to handle and to maintain. The file can be downloaded within Google WMTs (WebmasterTools) and then uploaded in the area 'files' directly in the root directory.
If I changed the name of my menu, where can I changed the path?
You have to go to Marketing & CRM > SEO 360° > URLs.
You only have to search the correct menu and then change the right path.
How can I check, if all path declarations are inactive?
You can only inactivate the path declaration if all the links to the portal are available without the path.
Please check the settings with a sample file: www.domain.de/index.html.
Do I need the seo export after the switch to the speaking urls?
Yes. Also after the switch to the speaking urls the sitemap export works furthermore. If the export is deactivated the sitemap needs to be exported manually.
How can I add users of a certain category to a campaign?
Select the users by category from the user administration (Marketing & CRM > Users & Contacts > Overview, tab "Categories"). Check all users and use the mass operation "Add to campaign" below.
Where can I view the domains users come from to my portal?
The SEO settings provide a which shows all domains the users come from:
Marketing & CRM > SEO 360° > Referer & Keywords> Tab "Domains". You can modify the timeframe individually.
How can I control the size of a text field in a from?
Inside a text field (in the editing or adding mode) you find the field Additional Parameters. You can control the size of this fom element when entering size="30" in the field Additional Parameters. You can modify the number to adapt the size of the field, e.g. size="50".
Can I change the element type in a form later?
No, because data fields are not transferable to other element types. So, if you want to e.g. have a checkbox instead of a list, merely delete the element “Listbox” and add the element “Checkbox”.
I added a new company. Why doesn't it appear in the company directory?
The new company has to be activated for the company directory by the Portal Masters or the Account Managers of the portal:
Marketing & CRM > Companies/Select Company > Edit > Area " Company Directory".
Am I able to add a company for the company directory as a member of the network?
When registrating in the network you can insert a company or you can enter up a company afterwards in your profile. But the company doesn't get displayed in the company directory automatically. The Portal Masters of the network have to unlock it.
Search engine optimisation is the method of making a website rank higher on a search engine such as Google, Bing or Yahoo. SITEFORUM’s CMS has powerful tools to speed this process up. Metadata means “date about data” and is the area of text hidden within a website that describes the content to search engines. Managing metadata is essential to getting your website noticed. In Marketing & CRM> SE0 360>Checklist will give you a list of anything that needs your attention.
Editing the Metadata of a website
• Go to Marketing & CRM >SEO 360 > Metadata.
• Fill in each of the fields here and use the report at the bottom to fine tune.
• In essence you want more specific keywords to take precedence in your Metadata, for example it would be very difficult to rank highly on the word “business”, but much easier to rank for “Business Henley.”
• Once you have saved the settings they will be applied automatically to all pages on the site unless you manually change the pages (see below).
Editing the Metadata of a story
• Go to Website & CMS > Stories > Overview and find the story you would like to edit. On the right hand side you will notice a number of action buttons click the one that looks like a webpage.
• This will take you to the metadata for the page edit the settings here and the metadata for this page alone will be changed.
Your own unique update on network activity
One really useful community-building tool is the personal newsletter. This is a campaign which is timed to be sent on a daily or (probably better) weekly or monthly basis and includes specific network activity for each user.
Fields in this newsletter can include :
|$network_count_new_messages ||Displays how many new messages the user has |
|$network_news ||Displays the 10 newest activities from the user's network. |
Intended only for use in HTML mail body
|$network_count_new_contact_requests ||Displays how many new contact requests the user has |
|$network_count_profile_views ||Displays the amount of profile views |
|$network_count_direct_contacts ||Displays the amount of direct contacts of the user |
|$membersVisitMe ||Random list of 3 members which visited my profile last week |
Creating an email campaign
Email Campaigns can be found in Marketing & CRM menu under campaigns.
• In order to create a campaign you must first click the add tab and then fill in the required fields.
• Once the campaign is created you need to add the content. To do this go to the overview and select the campaign. You’ll notice that the information you originally added is present, but below this are 2 main areas Internal content (for users registered on portal) and external content (for users not registered on portal). In these 2 areas are a number of tabs (template based HTML etc.)
• Click the edit tab for template based html content, choose the templates for the overall campaign and the section you are adding (if multiple) and insert the copy for the email campaign into the WYSIWYG editor provided. Preview the campaign to make sure it’s formatted correctly and save.
• A text only version of the campaign should be added to the text based content area (links cannot be used here so you will need to insert the full URL) for users who use a service that does not show emails in HTML.
• Add any necessary attachments.
• Add users, by selecting the user group/category/external list you would like to send it to.
• Send a test email to yourself using the start and test tab and then start the campaign by setting up the schedule.
• The reports tab creates statistics about how successful the campaign was by providing information about how many people opened the email and how many people clicked on links etc.
Creating a form
A form is an interactive part of a website that allows users to fill in fields of information, completed forms can be automatically forwarded to any email address(es).
• In order to create a form go to the Marketing & CRM tab, choose forms followed by add.
• Fill in the relevant fields, (form name etc.).
• Now add the elements (which make up the content) to the form. First go back to the forms overview and choose the form you would like to edit and choose the add element tab.
• You will see a number of options to choose from each of which create up a different type of element (yes/no or open answer etc.) each are described in detail on the page. Once you’ve chosen the type of element you would like to add it’s time to add the detail.
• First add the unique identifier for this field. This won't appear on the form.
• Then add the designation. The designation is the question as it appears on the form.
• If you need additional information add it as a comment and it will appear in brackets under the designation on the form.
• Once this has been done save and the first question on the form has been created.
• Repeat this process until all the elements have been created.
• Note, should you need to change the order of the elements this can be done in the elements screen (next to the add element tab) by using the up/down icons next to each element.
• Embed the form into a story using the placeholder $showFormID:number
What are the most important settings in SEO 360?
1. Check your Domain
If a wrong domain is entered in your portal, Google will not find it and shortcuts won't work either. That's why it is very important to enter the right domain at the right spot:
- Click Marketing & CRM > SEO 360 > Manage Metadata > Tab Main Settings.
- Check the column URL.
- Enter the correct URL as far as a false URL was inserted.
2. Check the Backup Process
If the backup process is not active the data are not going to be exported.
- Click Marketing & CRM > SEO 360 > Settings & Google Sitemaps > Tab Main Settings.
- Check the line Cron-Export.
- Activate the option yes in case it says stop.
3. Check the Export
To be sure that the export starts regularly you can check the processing time.
- Click Marketing & CRM > SEO 360 > SEO objects & elements > Tab Overview.
The column Status shows you, if the export was successful. The column Time shows date and time of the last export.
- Click Marketing & CRM > SEO 360 > SEO objects & elements > Tab CMS.
You can boost the export speed, in case you have a lot of stories, which you want to export from your portal.