v12.1 - Last Mod.: 01/19/2023
SITEFORUM System Emails get send automatically with information about e.g. portal status, news, new forum messages, etc. These emails can be subscribed by users with corresponding rights.
You can modify layout and content of the system emails individually. With the help of a WYSIWYG editor you can format the emails easily. Every email contains defined placeholders which you can use to personalize your emails.
Note: To edit system emails you need the roles "Content Manager" or "Portal Master."
Please log in to your portal.
- Click the button Portal Manager to get to the administrative area.
- Then click Tools & Administration > System Emails.
You get to the Overview
of all system emails.
- Please note that these settings are valid for the selected language only. If you want to edit the mails in another language, please change the language settings below the input window.
- Use HTML links like <a href="$link">link name</a> only in the sourcecode view.
- Only placeholders marked with a * can be used in the subject of a email.
System emails from the following areas are delivered with each portal:
- Media Pool
- Trade Show
Note: You can assign own system emails currently only in the area Network & Community > Memberships, e.g. to send an email because a membership is expiring. If you need a system email for an action which is not delivered by default then please contact us.
- Click the Add button.
- Enter in the area Details in the field Name a name for the system email.
- Enter in the field Sender the sender of the mail.
- Enter in the field Subject a subject.
- Enter in the field Content the desired text of the system email. Use the WYSIWYG editor to format the mail.
- Click the button Save when ready.
The new system email is listed in the overview in the area Own System Emails
- Choose in the Overview the email you want to edit.
- Click the icon Edit.
- Edit all fields and the content of the email as desired.
- Click the button Save when ready.
- Select the email that you want to edit from the Overview.
- Click on the Attachments icon.
- Upload files which should be attached to email.
Note: You can only delete own system emails. System emails which are provided by the system cannot be deleted.
- Choose in the Overview the email you want to delete.
- Click the Actionb icon and select Delete.
- Confirm the deleting process by clicking the button OK.
Note: Standard emails which you edited and changed are goinng to be reset to the original status.
- Click the Reset button in upper right corner of the overview.
- You can either select to exchange email address only or to reset email-content to default content.
- Enter in the field Email Address the email address which should be used as a sender for all emails.
- Click OK to confirm the resetting process.
If you want to modify the system emails layout, you should edit the system emails template, using a HTML editor.
Click on Main Template
in the navigation to edit and modify the code. Such modification is possible for each language, as well as internal and external users: you may switch it below the content area.
The system email content itself can be added via the placeholder $content.
- In the navigation on the left below Emails click Statistic.
- Select in the area Start Date from the selection boxes the begin of the emails.
- Select in the area Expiration Date from the selection boxes the end of the emails.
- If required constrict in the area Details the selection furthermore.
- Click the button Search to display the results.
All concerned system emails get listed below:
Starting/stopping the Outbox and removing emails ready to be sent
- Subject Shows the subject of the email.
- Recipient (Email) Shows the recipient and his/her email address.
- Sender (Email) Shows the sender and his/her email address.
- Delivery Date Shows the delivery date and the status (colored circle) of the email; green = sent, red = not sent. If you role over the red circle with the mouse, the reason is shown, why the email wasn't sent.
- View By clicking the icon you can view the email.
- Click the Stop Outbox Cron button in the upper right corner.
- An orange security warning informs you that the Outbox has stopped.
- By clicking the Start Outbox Cron button, you can restart sending the emails.
- An orange security warning informs you about starting the Outbox.
- By clicking the Stop Outbox Cron button, you can stop sending the e-mails again.
- You can click the Remove "ready for dispatch" Emails button.
- An orange confirmation prompt will appear.
- Click the OK button if you want to delete the emails ready to send.